Forums

Phone Number Format

Hi,

I was wondering if there's a way to modify the default formatting of phone number? I'm in the US, so it would nice if we had the option to change it to '(XXX) XXX-XXXX'. (Or maybe I missed that option somewhere.)

Cheers!
Alex

Posted by alexfan

Hi Alex!

Welcome to our forums :) You can modify these settings by going to the admin settings --> people settings and you will see options to change the default formatting of phone numbers.

Thanks,
The elvanto Crew

Posted by jess.murphy

How about a custom added field to the PEOPLE layout? Is there a way to format the display as a phone number instead of a plain text field?

Posted by k9waggin

[quote=jess.murphy]Hi Alex!

Welcome to our forums :) You can modify these settings by going to the admin settings --> people settings and you will see options to change the default formatting of phone numbers.

Thanks,
The elvanto Crew[/quote]

Thanks Jess! Can't believe I missed that!

Posted by alexfan

[quote=k9waggin]How about a custom added field to the PEOPLE layout? Is there a way to format the display as a phone number instead of a plain text field?[/quote]

You can create custom fields as per [url=http://elvanto.com/help/members/member-custom-fields/]this article[/url] and as Jess mentioned in her post above, simply go to Settings -> People Settings to change the format of phone numbers.

Trust that helps.

Posted by ben

Login or Signup to post a comment