Forums

Access Permission for Transacations to create without view?

Hi,

Is there a way our counting team volunteers can be granted access permission to create a new batch / transactions without being able to view any past history?

Posted by k9waggin

Hi

The best way to do this would be to give them access to edit financials but not to access reports - they would still be able to manually go through past batches, but they wouldn't be able to generate any financial reports or see a person's full financial history.

Posted by jess.murphy

Hi! Thanks for a great product that truly has the small church at heart.

It would be nice if our finance team volunteers to be able to post giving immediately after services using Elvanto. Our church does not have a computer network. Volunteers use their own devices. I have tested several Access Permissions and just can't seem to get the results we truly desire.

Only a couple people in our church know who gives what. We don't 'pass the plate' and only mention the location of the offering box during announcements. Wouldn't it be nice if people were loving because of the quality of their character and not the quantity of their checkbook? It is kind of a bummer for the finance team to either continue to fill out the paper worksheet or for me to create a spreadsheet form for them to fill out and email me to import.

How wonderful an option would be that allowed no past giving history to be viewed by the volunteers who count offering and tithes. Such as a permission access that only opens a new batch, allowing new transactions and edits while batch is still open, but to not even display any of the historical batches / transactions, even from the PEOPLE record. Just a thought....maybe someday?

Our church is really excited how Elvanto will free our time from tasks so we can spend more time developing real relationships. A small church only has so many hands, but the the tasks can become overwhelming. Thank you for developing a database management system to handle some of this for us! In Christ's Service....

Posted by k9waggin

[quote=k9waggin]

How wonderful an option would be that allowed no past giving history to be viewed by the volunteers who count offering and tithes. Such as a permission access that only opens a new batch, allowing new transactions and edits while batch is still open, but to not even display any of the historical batches / transactions, even from the PEOPLE record. Just a thought....maybe someday? [/quote]

Would I be correct in saying if we were to add an access permissions that allows people to view/edit Closed Batches this would solve it for you?

Posted by jess.murphy

It sounds like that would be a great solution as it would allow the latest batchs/transactions to be available for view/edit. And would give the Financial Secretary and Treasurer the to view all.

something like:
for admin financial access permission
allow view of transaction x
if x in batch z then
(case batch_status
when 'open' then 'YES'
when 'closed' then 'NO'
end)
else ()

Thanks!

Posted by k9waggin

Login or Signup to post a comment