Forums

Text confirmation when rostered

When someone is rostered, they receive a text asking for a reply of YES to accept. I get an email with the reply, but the system is not updated to show they are confirmed. Am I to manually go in and change that, or do I not have something setup correctly for elvanto to update with the green check mark.

By the way, love elvanto, and I have referred it to several pastors.

Posted by robert

Hi Robert

Are you using an SMS company? You'll need to check if you have 2-way SMS enabled. If you like, email our support team at elvanto.com/contact letting us know what company you use and we'd be happy to give you instructions on how to enable this.

Talk soon,

Posted by jess.murphy

I am not using a company, in the settings, I chose Email to SMS (Free) option.

Posted by robert

Hi Robert

Unfortunately this option is not available with the free 'Email to SMS' - when someone replies to an 'Email to SMS' it will send an email. The only way for the replies to integrate with elvanto is to use an SMS company as that sends replies to a mobile number that can then be linked into elvanto.

If you do switch to using an SMS company, you'll just need to ensure you follow the instructions found in the SMS settings (Admin settings --> People Settings --> SMS Text Messages) in order to set-up 'two-way sms messaging' which allows for replies.

Posted by jess.murphy

Login or Signup to post a comment