Forums

Forms Recognising People

I am in the process of getting our church to begin using forms a lot more instead of using the old 'sign up sheets'. It is great but I am finding more times than not it is not recognising the person in the database as people do not always put in an email address. This is working ok as I have set the forms up requiring approval prior to updating the database however what would be even better is if there was a link between the form and the database when the person is entering their details and that it would populate data based on that preventing the need for them to enter their name in entirety.

Any thoughts??

Kristy Sonneman-Smith
Dreambuilders Church

Posted by krissonsmith

Hi Kristy

elvanto will prefill their data if they are logged in - otherwise it should match to their name if they are entered the same way in the form as they are in the database. Its best to keep doing as you say and approving the forms as well - that way you can link up any profiles that haven't been done automatically.

Posted by jess.murphy

Jess
I'm using the forms on the weekend as part of our idesk so the individuals aren't logging in. I have set up a standard idesk user that is logged in and people submit the form from there so there is no link to the individual.
Does that make sense?

My problem is that I had close to 70% that didn't recognise the person as they didn't always put in an email.

I understand forms aren't necessarily used in this way but it is what I have done until more is released with Events. Is that on the cards?

Kristy

Posted by krissonsmith

Hi Kristy

I've sent you an email so we can offer you further support and troubleshooting!

Posted by jess.murphy

Login or Signup to post a comment