Forums

easy person entry on mobile iphone

Wonder if anyone's worked out an easy way to add new people on the go with an iPhone? Would be great to avoid doubling up on data entry and being able to put people straight into the database.

Posted by stevewhite

Hi Steve

We find a number of people use a form builder that can be embedded into a post for easy access is a great way to do this - you can just duplicate any visitor/connect card that your church might use on sundays to be an electronic form on elvanto which then updates existing people or creates a new profile.

Would something like this work for you?

Posted by jess.murphy

Thanks Jess - that sounds like it would do the trick. I have attempted to do it but must be doing something wrong. Is there an easy way to set this up? Thanks again - loving the program so far!

Posted by stevewhite

Thanks Jess,
I've tried to do what you suggested, but the form auto populates with the details of the person who's logged in.
Is there a way to get it to start with a blank form?

Posted by andrew

Since this is relating to new people is there a way to generate a form for a family as the forms I have created seem to be person specific only?

Kristy

Posted by krissonsmith

The form only auto populates when the person is logged in. If they arent logged in it will be blank. I'd suggest just making your post public so you dont have to be logged in to see it (an admin will usually moderate it anyway) - you can have it open in a different web browser as well if you wanted to have someone logged in as well.

We are looking at ways for forms to be filled out for families as well :)

Posted by jess.murphy

My question a bit back was 'Thanks Jess - that sounds like it would do the trick. I have attempted to do it but must be doing something wrong. Is there an easy way to set this up? Thanks again - loving the program so far!'

Is there an answer to this? Would be great if there was a short tutorial or something that would help with getting this sort of thing set up for easy person entry.

Posted by stevewhite

Login or Signup to post a comment