Forums

Best way to assign people to different services

Hi,

Our Church doesn't have different locations, but we do have 3 quite different services. From time to time we'll want to contact people from just the 5pm service for example - not just those involved in a voluntary capacity, but all those who attend. What would be the best way to assign people to these different services?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted by stevewhite

Steve
You could create a view to identify all those that identify a particular service but it would depend on how you have created the services.. Is there a distinguishing factor - eg. Service Type? If so you should be able to capture those that attend and contact from there.

Does that make sense?
Kristy

Posted by krissonsmith

Thanks for the response. I'm wanting to capture those who identify with a service as we're not going to be tracking attendance for each person. I suspect that using the locations function might be the best way forward.

Posted by stevewhite

If that is the case then - I would agree and use locations.
We have multiple locations here - some overlap with services they attend some don't. But by having them separated by location we can easily find and contact.

Good luck

Posted by krissonsmith

Hmmmm - just realised that we can assign people to a service type. Didn't realise that before. But - is there a way to filter people by service type? If not, locations is defiantly the way to go.

Posted by stevewhite

Yes you can create an advance search and filter by service type.
Good luck

Posted by krissonsmith

Thank you. Loving the Elvanto experience btw!

Posted by stevewhite

Login or Signup to post a comment