Forums

Feature suggestion - Privacy policy

Our church requires people to sign a privacy statement when we give them access to something like the online member directories. At present, this is a paper task that requires printing, signing and filing a document so it would be awesome to be able to do this online. I'm sure other churches face similar issues.

To do this, it would be great to be able to show a one-time page of custom text with 'agree' and 'disagree' buttons at login that limits access to other people's information if they disagree (perhaps by setting to one or another access permissions). This could be then re-issued by an admin for all users if the privacy policy is changed.

Posted by MrWalko

Hi Andrew

This sounds like a great concept! I've put in a feature request for you on this one :)

In the mean time - you could potentially explore the option of using a form for this as well?

Posted by jess.murphy

Hey Jess,

I hadn't thought to try that, though the limitation is that we can't force people to look at it (in the same way that we can make it show up at login).

I'll have a play. Still at the top of my feature suggestions list though!!!

Posted by MrWalko

Had a bit of a play with the forms but I'm not sure that I can make it work. I was able to have the form check a 'agreed to current privacy policy' box and then put them in a people flow for an admin to grant them access to the member directory (I have a special permissions category for this).

I can't figure out any way to display a large block of text (multiple paragraphs, formatted text) which we need for our current privacy policy.

Posted by MrWalko

Hi Jess,

This one is still a very high priority for us. Has there been any movement on this one? It's still in the top 2 or 3 of our feature requests.

Andrew

Posted by MrWalko

Since all the dates/times/etc have been wiped, I am bumping this one back to the top of the list. This feature is fairly critical for us.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I've noted that down. 

You should see a few changes and improvements to the system over the next few months so I'll pass on your feedback :)

Cheers,

Hannah

Hi Andrew,

I've noted that down. 

You should see a few changes and improvements to the system over the next few months so I'll pass on your feedback :)

Cheers,

Hannah

Login or Signup to post a comment