Forums

Date added field

Hi team,

We are wanting to add a field in our People Category 'Attended Church Since'... this could then be used to give us what the average period people have been attending our church.

Naturally we could simply use the Date Added field, but I dont see that field as an option in People Category Layout.

Posted by Murray

Hi Murray,

You can add a custom field to collect this information from members in people categories. There's an article that goes into more detail about this here: [url=website.com]http://elvanto.com/help/member-custom-fields/[/url]

Send us an email at support@elvanto.com if I can further clarify this for you!
Hannah

Posted by hannah.pettett

Thank Hannah, we already have several custom fields, I was hoping that date added would just one of those ready available fields one could choose from as opposed to having to add the same info, or the ability to populate a custom field from one of the system fields.

Appreciate your willingness to help however.

:)
Murray

Posted by Murray

Hi Murray,

I'll put this idea as a feature request for a possible system field update.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!

Hannah

Posted by hannah.pettett

Murray
There is a date added field that is hard coded in the back ground. It isn't a field you enter a date against it stores the date you create the record. You can use this field when you create people views and reports.
Is this what you are looking for?

I use it quite often often when reporting on people within the church.

Regards
Kristy Sonneman-Smith
Dreambuilders Church

Posted by krissonsmith

Thanks Kristy, yes I use this field in my reports quite a bit, I was hoping for the category layout ability however to display at a quick glance how long someone has been attending the church, adds bonus would be to displayed similar to the age field. It expresses also in a actual result. Eg, attending since 1 jan 2013 ( 1 year & 4 months)

:)

Murray

Posted by Murray

Login or Signup to post a comment