Forums

Printing Address Labels

Hey Guys,
Looking for info on how the labels are arranged. I'm trying to get them to arrange by alpha last name. How?
Keith

Posted by pastorkeith

Hi Keith,

Happy to help :)

You can change the way the labels are arranged by going into (Settings -> Check-in Settings) and dragging the relevant text fields into their correlating boxes. If you want the last name to be displayed instead of the full name on a child's label, just swap the coding [fullname] for [lastname] and it will rearrange accordingly.

Let me know if I can further clarify anything for you!
Hannah

Posted by hannah.pettett

Sorry I should've been specific! I'm talking about ADDRESS Labels, not check-in labels. They are formatting correctly on an individual basis, but the arrangement on the sheet of labels seems random, not alphabetic, which makes it a major pain to match up with the letter (mail merge) of hundreds of names. Help!
Keith

Posted by pastorkeith

Hi Keith,

Sorry about the confusion! Just to clarify, from where are you trying to print your address labels?

I'll go in and have a look to see what might be going wrong here.

Thanks in advance,
Hannah

Posted by hannah.pettett

I'm pulling a 'People View' with several hundred families listed. Click 'Contact People' then 'Send Letter' then 'Generate address labels'
- the family names print out fine in alpha order, but the labels are random on the sheet.
Help!
keith

Posted by pastorkeith

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the details. I've just passed this issue on to one of our developers - he'll be in contact with you via email to troubleshoot what might be going wrong here.

Cheers
Hannah

Posted by hannah.pettett

Hi Keith,

Would you mind letting me know the name of the 'People View' and also your elvanto sub domain (e.g: yourchurch.elvanto.com) so I can look into this issue further?

Thanks

Ben

Posted by ben

Sure Ben. my.firstboynton.com
People View is 'Members, Attenders and New People'

Posted by pastorkeith

Hi Keith,

I've run a test and it's outputting labels as 'First Name Last Name'. It's ordering them by last name which is why it appears to be out of order, but it does match your report.

If you'd like it to be 'Last Name First Name', you can create multiple templates for your Address Labels. This can be done through the Admin Area under Settings -> Account Settings.

One thing I did notice is the 'Members, Attenders & New People' People View is outputting as 'Families'. You might want to change your 'Display Fields' to show 'Primary & Spouse Full Name' rather than 'Full Name' as this only shows the Primary Contact's full name.

Let me know if you have any further questions

Thanks

Ben

Posted by ben

I'm going to email you my label and letter output. Would be cool to be able to upload a file on the forum... :)

Posted by pastorkeith

Login or Signup to post a comment