Forums

Check-In Security Code Barcode

I could be wrong but from what I understand the only way to use Barcodes with Check-In is to have pre-made cards or something that has a barcode on it already and when somebody first check's in you add that barcode as their security code and can be used going forward.

Is there anyway or can it be added in as a requested feature that when you print a child label and/or parent label it has the barcode printed on it as well for check-out by elvanto?
So it may mean that they get manually checked in but when they check-in they get their labels with a barcode on it so when they go back for check-out they just scan the barcode on the parent or child label.

Posted by cam.attard

Hi Cam,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this! I've gone ahead and put this forward as a feature request with the developers to look at implementing :)

At the moment, yes, the only way to have barcodes is with premade barcodes, but these can be generated rather easily if you don't want to go ahead with pre-made cards. Doing a quick google search should bring up a few links that will do it online, and they can also be made in excel.

Let me know if you have any other questions here!

Have a great day,
Hannah

Posted by hannah.pettett

Looks like this was never implemented, but just want to throw my +1 in here. This is how I thought the barcode scanning would work, but didn't read fully. :( This would be a very welcome addition.

Login or Signup to post a comment