Forums

Restricting Access to Admin Calendar

Is there a way to restrict access to calendars in the Admin Calendar view?

We have several calendars that deal with the backside/administrative parts of the church that we don't want pushed onto the member calendar, but we also have some members/non-admins who need access to one specific administrative calendar without seeing all of them. For example, a committee that oversees church assets needs to view and edit their own calendar, but shouldn't be able to see and edit the private/sensitive office administrative calendar. I have tried to go through Access Permissions and grant specific people assess to certain calendars, but I only see an option for them to access the entire Admin Calendar section.

Thanks!

Emily

Posted by emily

Hi Emily,

Happy to help!

At this stage, you can restrict particular calendars using both departments and locations, but not specific people. To do this, click into the particular calendar you want to restrict access to and select the appropriate areas.

Hope this helps,and let me know if I can further clarify anything for you!
Hannah

Posted by hannah.pettett

Hannah,

Thanks for the response!

I have assigned both the relevant people and their calendar to a department. However, when I combine that with an access permission to the events calendar, they are still able to see the entire list of calendars (even the ones that are restricted to other departments), not just the public/member calendars and their department calendar. Is there a way to lockdown access to the event calendar, which would enforce the departmental access? Or is there something else that I am overlooking?

Emily

Posted by emily

Hi Emily,

Would you be able to give me the name of a calendar that's been restricted to a department that's still showing in a particular person's admin or member calendar (who isn't in in that department)?

I'll look into it :)

Thanks
Hannah

Posted by hannah.pettett

Hannah,

Sure! The 'Office' calendar is still showing in every admin's calendar, even though you are required to be in the Office Department to view it. I even set it to draft and it still publishes in all the admin calendars. :)

Thank you for checking it out!

Emily

Posted by emily

Hi Emily,

Just so we can see what you're seeing, can you give me the name of a person who shouldn't see the 'Office Calendar' but can?

Talk soon

Ben

Posted by ben

Ben,

Sure, it is 'John Smith' (it is actually an account that the other superadmin and I created to troubleshoot/see what elvanto looks like from a non-superadmin perspective). Currently, he is only in the 'Cobeac' department, which should prevent him from accessing the 'Office' calendar.

Thanks!

Emily

Posted by emily

Apologies for the delay Emily. We are looking into the issue and will hopefully have an answer soon.

Posted by ben

Hi again Emily,

Once again, apologies for the delay in resolving this issue. The reason why John Smith can view the calendars is because he has access to the Admin Area calendar. Those lockdowns only apply to the Member Area version of the calendar currently. So if there is no reason for John Smith to edit the calendar, it would be best to only grant him access to the Member Area so he can only view calendars assigned to him.

Hope that helps

Ben

Posted by ben

Login or Signup to post a comment