Forums

Printing a Roster.

Hi their. We are starting to roster people in Elvanto. Before we had a printed sheet which showed who was rostered on what.

Is there a way that we can print a copy of the Elvanto Roster for people in the church that don't use e-mail etc..

Chris

Posted by streetlifeaus

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this, I'd be happy to help!

You can do this by going through the service plan tab of the particular service you want to print the roster for. Just select 'print service' and select only the volunteer checkboxes.

Alternatively, you could generate a 'volunteer positions' report if you're wanting to list all volunteers and their positions at once for a period of time (just go reports -> Services -> Volunteer Positions Report).

Let me know if I can further clarify either of these for you!
Hannah

Posted by hannah.pettett

Hi their.

That is great, but what we have is a printer roster, as some of our people won't like using the internet.
We basically have a table with the Positions listed across the top, and the dates down the side, with who is doing what filled in the middle.
I do understand if this can't be done.

Chris

Posted by streetlifeaus

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately at this stage a roster can't be formatted that way.

If you need any help generating the printed roster in one of those alternate ways I mentioned, I'd be happy to help you there!

Have a great day,
Hannah

Posted by hannah.pettett

That's ok.

Thankyou for your help.

Chris

Posted by streetlifeaus

It would be really helpful to be able to dump the rostered volunteers for a group of departments and date range into Excel so that it can then be formatted into a layout which is useful.

i.e. Can Excel be set up as a possible Output Format in the Services->Edit Multiple Services->Print format?

Also, can we optionally disable the confirmation status of the volunteer in this report?

The "Volunteer calendar (dates vertical)" format is closest to the layout we need, but it has lots of sub-department codes which we can clean up if we could get the report into Excel.

Thanks very much.

Hi Michael.

Have you looked into the 'Volunteer Positions' report, found under Services > Reports. (Or Reports > Services)

Stewart

Hi Stewart, The Volunteer Positions report does not offer 'Service date' as one of the axis options. Would it be possible to introduce 'Service Date' as an option for the 'Y Axis' in this report?

Thanks very much.

Michael.

Hi Michael

The 'Services' option outputs the service date and time in the report. (For excel formatting purposes, you'll want to format those cells as "Custom": MM/DD hh:mm AM/PM)

Hope this helps,

Stewart

Thanks very much Stewart. That is exactly what I wanted!

When printing the roster, is it possible to hide some of the Departments titles? eg could 'Worship Team/Vocals/Worship Leader' be reduced to just say 'Worship Leader'? It looks confusing and takes up lots of room on the page. 

png

Hi Steve.

Another option is to open up the services in the Multiple Service Editor, and select the 'Print' option on the top right.

You can then select either of the 'Volunteer Calendar' options, which displays the Department and Position names in a different format.

Hope this helps,

Stewart

is it possible to print onto a worship roster some of the service plan items eg a custom field 'Bible reading'?

thanks 

Steve

Login or Signup to post a comment