Forums

Wireless Label Printers

For our church, because we have to set up every Sunday, wireless label printing is the way to go. Have you guys looked at any of these printers in the market:

Brother™ QL-710W, Brother™ QL-720NW, Epson LW-600P, and Zebra printers

Hoping for a positive answer,

Posted by pcardona

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this!

It's a feature/compatibility we are working on, so I'll add your vote to have it implemented :)

Have a great afternoon,
Hannah

Posted by hannah.pettett

This is so needed. From a church that uses iPads almost solely it is super inefficient to have a slave pc sitting there doing processing the print cue. There is a decent API available for the brother 710W. To see another app in action checkout -

https://signwithenvoy.com/

This feature is a must have!!

Ben

Posted by ben_marrett

Our church have the same issue, we need wireless label printer, so we got the Brother QL 720NW but can´t use it with elvanto because of the compability... I know you guys are working hard to make it happen. It will be a great help to us to print labes this way....

Posted by psdavid

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, it's definitely something we are working on implementing and hopefully will have it released as an option soon. I'd recommend following our blog to ensure you're notified when it does roll out!

If there's anything I can assist you with in the meantime, let me know!
Hannah

Posted by hannah.pettett

Thanks Hannah,

Any idea on timeline. 1 month 6 month? Do you anticipate that we will be able to print direct from iPad without a host for the printer?

Posted by ben_marrett

Having wireless printing for small churches that setup every week would be greatly appreciated. What is the timing of this change being implemented?

Posted by vanman

Any updates on timeline??

Anyone??

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

There's currently a few limitations holding us back from progressing forward with this feature. Although Brother supports wireless printing from their program, they don't offer any kind of browser support (which is a huge setback with elvanto being cloud based). See this article for more details, but basically this means that there's not much we can do until they release better support in this area. 

Hope this helps you, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Hannah

Might be time to look at a dedicated iOS app integrating there SDK-

http://www.brother.com/product/dev/mobile/ios/

Hi Ben,

It's being considered as a future development, but no timeline at the moment! Thanks for the link - I'll pass it on to the developers.

Is there any way one could use an Apple Airport express as a print hub for the Dymo printers rather than a PC? We're also looking for ways to implement this, without out having a Mac sitting around in the kids work area doing nothing but check-in.

Hi Rhys,

In order for Print Stations to work you require a device with a browser connected to the printer. So you'll need to have a computer sitting somewhere either way. But you could have the computer in another room (e.g: one that is locked so the computer isn't out in the open) that is connected to the printer wirelessly. I don't see why it wouldn't work. I haven't tried this personally though.

Hope that helps

Ben

Thanks Ben. So, if I understand you correctly, we could have a Dymo Labelwriter connected to an Airport express via USB, with a computer somewhere else on the network acting as a print server for the iPads? Is that what you're envisaging?

Login or Signup to post a comment