Forums

Contact Parents of Kids in Group / Search

I know that we can do a search for contacting parents of kids with in a group. However, this is a very common task and having to create a group put in the kids to then go search for the parents. Also many times you do a search of kids and you want to pick which kids you want to contact, once you have norrowed your search (by looking at the kids, which are the faces you know) at that point it would be handy to have a contact parents of children.

Any future help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Pablo

Posted by pcardona

1 person has this question

Hi Pablo,

There's a filter criteria called 'Parents with children' you can use to get this information out in a report (check out [url=http://support.elvanto.com/support/solutions/articles/1000040375-how-to-contact-the-parents-of]this article[/url]), is that what you're looking for?

Let me know!
Hannah

Posted by hannah.pettett

At the end of the article there is a picture of contacting the parents from the kid's profile. What I am looking for is the same contact button from a group that is composed of kids. Or for that manner any group that has kids in it and when contacting the group (as a whole) it would default to contact the adults directly and the kids through their parents.

It makes sense to our volunteers to go to the group they are working on and hit the contact button, instead of having to create a people view.

I hope this explains it.

Posted by pcardona

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for clarifying that for me -I'll put it forward as a feature request to have as an option in the sidebar in the future.

If there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime, let me know!
Hannah

Posted by hannah.pettett

I know this is an old topic, but I'm looking for this exact functionality. We have groups set up for our youth and children. Often times we want to contact all of the parents with announcements and reminders. I know there's the "Parents of Children in Groups" option when doing a search or setting up a view, but it'd be really nice to have this functionality quickly at-hand on the group page. Ideally, there'd be some combination of "Contact Members," "Contact Parents," and "Contact Members and Parents" options from within the group itself.

Creating a view is a reasonable work-around, but I think we'd be able to greatly improve our communication if it was easier for our volunteers to contact the right people.

Thanks!

Login or Signup to post a comment