Forums

What is the difference between Service Teams and Volunteer Departments?

With the new release of Service Teams, how is it to be effectively used as there are already volunteer departments. Not sure what the difference is between service teams and departments. Basically, is it an easy way to quickly roster a group of volunteers for a particular department?

Thanks,

Naiah

Hi Naiah,

Happy to help!

So, volunteer departments are the departments in which volunteers serve in. Service teams, however, are pre-defined groups or teams that are utilized and applied as a whole when rostering for a service. 

This article might help further clarify what I mean, but basically one is just a category a person belongs to, the other is used for rostering.

Hope this helps,

Hannah

Loving the service teams feature. Is there any way to contact a 'team'? Can't figure out how to do this, as the people filtering doesn't include teams when doing an advanced search. For example, we have all our music bands set up as teams, but we need to be able to send emails to each individual team. The only way we can currently think of doing that is to ALSO set up the band as a group. Am I missing something obvious here?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this, I can see what you mean here!

Unfortunately at this stage there's no way to contact a team, but leave it with me and I'll see what I can do about adding teams to the filtering options in advanced searches and reports for a future update.

Hope this helps you,

Hannah

Login or Signup to post a comment