Forums

Form Builder Complexity

It seems to me that it would be useful for the form builder to have a little more logic involved.

I was thinking of a rule section that integrates fields, allows for field relationships like hiding fields based on other field inputs and such. For example, Lets suppose that your church has 4 ministries: Worship, Hospitality, Children, and Operations.  Then each of those ministries has several involved parts, Worship has Projector, Band, Sound, Lights; Hospitality has Cafe, Connect, Ushering; Children have one class per grade with a teacher and a helper in each; and Operations has Parking, Set-up/Tear-down, etc.  Now lets suppose that your church has more than one service and not every sub-ministry functions for every service.

It would be useful to have a way to filter/show/hide questions or options based on previous responses. So, I try to make a form for an upcoming Volunteer Drive.  For that drive, everyone who is willing to serve is given a link to the form.  I would ask them first "What service would you like to serve at?" then "What ministry do you want to serve in?" then "What subministries would you be willing to serve in? (select all that apply)".   It would be amazing to be able to filter out combinations of those answers that are impossible, for example, if you want to serve at the Saturday night service, we don't have any Children's ministry, so if you select that service to serve at, you will not be able to select "childrens" for the second question...

Does that make sense? What do you all think? Just be able to write in some conditional statements to write those options out... I mean it would be easier if you could have custom field keys (instead of the 32 digit field id's that are auto generated).. Then you say if field: service equals "Saturday Night", then for field: ministry show "Worship", "Hospitality", and "Operations", hide "Childrens".

Any thoughts? I know it is possible, I have seen it done, I just don't know the code to make it work.

Duplicate Topic

Comments to this discussion are now closed!