Forums

Group "Did Not Meet"

Hi,

We have some fortnightly connect groups, and some weekly Alpha groups. 

Every now and then, for whatever reason, a group will miss a meeting. 

We have sms attendance reminders setup. 

I'm wondering if there's a way that we can tell Elvanto that the group did not meet that week... to stay the relentless attendance report reminders and save on credit at the same time?

Thanks,

Brendon

2 people have this question

Hi Brendon,

Thanks for reaching out with this! We're looking at adding this in for a future update, so I'll be sure to pass on your interest to see this completed. I can see how it would be a useful addition to the system.

Hope this helps you,

Hannah

This would be helpful at both a group level and an organisational level.

So an individual group may not meet one week, whereas other groups which meet that day may still meet.

Whereas there might be times like school holidays where it might be easier to specify a blanket hiatus for all groups for that week.

I'd like to add a vote for this :-)

+ 1 for me as well

Hi there, 

Bumping this to check if there's been any progress? 

I'm setting up reporting reminders (email) for 2016 groups at the moment, many of which will not meet in school holidays.  

It would be great if there was a way to either 
(a) in the 'group meeting' section of the setup, be able to exclude certain dates (eg: meets weekly all year except in these periods), or

(b) set some kind of 'mute reminders for these dates' option, or

(c) give the leaders a "group did not meet" option when they receive their report reminder

Thanks,

Anna

We're about to start our fall semester in September. I'd love to see the "Did not meet" option. ;) :D

I could see value in this also.

Maybe if "Did not Meet" is selected that a group report is submitted with nil attendances.  

I definitely agree that having the option to select dates where you know there isn't going to be a meeting would be incredibly useful from an administrative perspective and having the option to select "Group did not meet" would be good if something unexpected came up that caused the group to not meet.

Also still in favour of having a "Did not meet" option available. 

I respectfully disagree with Kristy - it's the reports with nil attendances that are being submitted for weeks when the group didn't meet that skew the stats.  We would actually like no report submitted for non-meeting weeks. 

Cheers,

Anna

*edited to spell your name correctly Kristy - sorry!

If a group is not meeting a certain day (for recurring groups), the system should allow the exclusion periods/dates like others stated. This is especially critical if the calendar is on the public website - and people show up based on that calendar.

Login or Signup to post a comment