Forums

Custom field image

Hi Elvanto,

I have searched the forums, but could find nothing relating to this. I am hoping that it is (or soon will be) possible to create a custom image field, or a custom file upload field. The purpose for this is to have scanned copies of our Working with Children's check cards as well as other supporting documentation.

The only way I think this is currently possible is via the API, encoding said image into something like a base64 text string and to enter it into a multiline text custom field. Obviously this isnt the easiest way to do this. I was wondering if there was any other way to have this functionality? Or can I request this as a feature request.

Thanks

Chris P

Hi Chris

That's the first time I've ever heard of someone suggesting to base64 encode an image to upload it... I suppose that could work...

It's not currently possible, but it is something we are wanting to look into in the future. 

Hope this helps,

Stewart

Only so that it could be added to a text field for database storage. Anyway it's not really all that helpful even though technically possible...

But thanks for the reply :)

Login or Signup to post a comment