Forums

Export Unavailability to CSV for Google Calendar

Hello Elvanto,

I am thankful that there is a way to Export the unavailability search into a spreadsheet, but could an export option be created for Unavailability so it will be in a CSV format (with the required data formatting and column headers) for directly importing into Google Calendar or at least an option for exporting a spreadsheet that has a "Start Date" and "End Date" (mm/dd/yyyy) rather than a date range in one cell? (which is what Google Calendar imports require)

I have attached an example of a comma delimited CSV with the correct column headers and data formatting for Google Calendar imports. There also is an image of what this imported CSV would look like in Google Calendar.

Without a calendar view of unavailability, it makes scheduling difficult as if doing it blind, especially when doing multiple services at once because unavailability/conflicts can only be seen one service at a time (no reference to future and past unavailabilities).  A list view of unavailability dates is still not very concise for seeing the unavailability of many or even one person.  A calendar may be much better.  

PS - I am not an administrator for our account, so I do not believe I can get administrator calendar viewing options or privileges.  This back-door method would be helpful for non-administrators who cannot connect Elvanto to their personal Google Calendar.

For more info on importing a CSV into Google Calendar, please check out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXZM1D5HYJ0

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37118?hl=en

Thanks!

csv
(963 Bytes)
png

Hi Aaron, 

Thanks for the request.

I think the best way for us to do this is to have a "Subscribe to Unavailability" option instead of making you need to export this.

I've put a feature request in for this.

Stewart

Thanks!

Would this feature allow us to choose which unavailability groups / filters we would be subscribing?

Seeing unavailability for everyone in the church might cause more problems than it would solve.

Being able to see unavailability in a calendar format (rather than a random list of unavailable dates) for a group of volunteers is mostly what I think would be most helpful when scheduling several Sundays at the same time.

Thanks,

Aaron

Login or Signup to post a comment