Forums

Service Details in Calendar

Hi there,

Just wondering if it would be possible to implement the ability to have more control over the details that are pulled through to the service calendar? i.e. the details somebody gets when clicking on a service in the member area calendar (which we make available to guests too)

Currently it shows sermon title, service logo, date, start time, location and address - but there's plenty room for more?!

I would love to be able to have the options of showing the series name, preacher, a free text note (or url), or specific note from the service plan, a special focus or collection notice for the service, traffic or parking warnings,an attachment like sermon notes or the bulletin sheet. The possibilities are endless :)

As a side note, the emphasis on series', particularly, is not that obvious anywhere in the service planning system and it would be nice to have the option of highlighting it more and applying it consistently across dates than we currently can.

Thanks again!

Alastair

Hi Alastair,

Thanks for the request!

It's definitely something we can improve on, as you're absolutely correct that there's a lot of empty space. At this stage we probably would just go for something nice and simple like a "Description" for the service that you can edit, similar to an event. It's a rather nice and simple way of helping meet everyone's needs! We don't have a timeframe for this yet though. 

Hope this helps,

Stewart

Thanks Stewart, sounds like a good place to start. Look forward to see this developing to include things like the series name in due course hopefully :)

Cheers,

Alastair

Thanks Stewart, sounds like a good place to start. Look forward to see this developing to include things like the series name in due course hopefully :)

Cheers,

Alastair

Hi Alastair,

I just thought I'd update on this. 

I think you've seen the Series Title in the calendar already.

We're going to be releasing a Service Description shortly as well!

Stewart

That's great - thanks Stewart!

Login or Signup to post a comment