Forums

Send automated emails to entire department/sub department

For our scheduled music practices where we have all musicians, I'd love to be able to have an email automatically sent to all members of the department as a reminder.  Is this possible?

Ta,

Lance

Hi Lance,

Thanks for the question.

At this stage you can't have it go to only a specific department, but you can go to Settings > Services and set up an automatic reminder a certain number of days before the service.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Stewart,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would require me to add individuals (not a group/department) to a service?

Lance

Hi Lance,

Anyone rostered, either using a Service Team or rostering the individual, will get the email. 

Stewart

Hi Stewart,

I realise that anyone scheduled will get a notification.

I'll clarify my question :)

To get people scheduled onto a service, do I need to add everyone one at a time.  I don't see that I can say "Add all the musicians (who are part of a department) to the service" in one hit.

Ta,

Lance

Aha!

There's three ways you can do this.

• Roster individuals to the service. This is great if you don't use every member of the department in each service
  • Rostering a Service Team to the service. This is great if you want to add a set group of people to each service
  • Auto-roster. This is great if you roster individuals to a service, but want the system to do the hard part of figuring out who to put in each position.
If you're wanting to roster every member of the musicians to each service, I would suggest looking into creating a 'Musicians' service team.

Hope this helps,
Stewart

Ahhh, Gotcha!  Creating a service team sounds like it should do what I want.  

Thanks for the help Stewart :)

Lance

Login or Signup to post a comment