Forums

Answered

People Flows

I use people flows for pretty much everything, they are a great way to automate things and can allow people to make changes to individuals, without actually giving them access to people's profiles to make those changes. Basically, I love people flows because they allow me to delegate a lot of administrative tasks to people that I don't want to give a lot of access to, especially handy for volunteer coordinators to add or remove people from their departments.

One thing that is somewhat confusing for less technically minded people is that when someone is added to a people flow by a form or even a different people flow and isn't assigned to someone is when you click on the "Unassigned" button, it takes you to people who are assigned to you and thus shows no one as opposed to taking you to a list of people who aren't assigned to anyone yet, which usually results in a phone call at least once a month from a confused volunteer leader who can't find the person who they are supposed to add.

I also am not sure if there is a feature request out there for this, but I've seen some posts in the past that make me think some people could benefit from the ability to add people to roster teams through the people flows, so you can add a +1 to that request if there is one.

Best Answer

Hi Sam.

Thanks for that!

We've made some changes that you'll see next week for this.

Hope this helps,

Stewart

Hi Sam!

Thanks for the post.

People flows are a great tool indeed!

Can I just check which button people are clicking though? I'm trying to replicate this to see how we can improve and I can't see this button that you're referring to!

Happy to help,

Stewart

These are screen shots of the issue. First one is the button (from adding a person who isn't assigned to an admin) and the second is what happens when you click on it. Thanks for looking into it!
Answer

Hi Sam.

Thanks for that!

We've made some changes that you'll see next week for this.

Hope this helps,

Stewart

Thanks Stewart! I noticed the change log posted today and gave it a try, it's working perfectly now!

I really appreciate how quickly you guys tackle technical issues such as this. Having spent many years working with CMS's in the marketplace, it's a breath of fresh air to have a fix like this so quickly!

Login or Signup to post a comment