Forums

update on mobile app development and roadmap?

Hello all!!!  

I think it would be really helpful to have general update from the team that includes

1) what is being worked on

2) what is near delivery

3) what features are on your current road map

I realize that this can be extremely difficult but I keep getting inquires about us using an app and rather than explore other solutions (and spend more money) I'd really like to use something that ties in w/ Elvanto app.

Perhaps a "state of the app" blog post?

Thanks!!!

Hi Isaac,

Thanks for your message! We've had a delay with our mobile app moving forward but we'll soon be fixing this by expanding our development team very soon which we are excited about. This will allow us to spend much more time on it as we know it's a key feature.

Our upcoming releases will most likely include things like the member directory, access to people and groups, submitting attendance and also expanding on our current services and songs areas. 

We'll be focusing on the stuff people need day-to-day and have been collating feature requests from customers.

Feel free to send through some of the things your team are inquiring about and I'd be happy to add them to the list!

Talk soon

Ben

Thanks for the reply Ben!

I guess what I am looking for, in a mobile app, is something that brings Elvatno and our website together in one place.  For example, push notifications, easy access to specific "upcoming events" calendar, easy signup forms, etc...

Having been approached by eChurch/PushPay and seeing a demo of their solution (http://echurch.com/product-overview/total-engagement/) really makes me eager for something like this....but managing another system seems...unnecessary.   I imagine a system where, once all our member are in Elvanto - an admin could easily set a group (say Male Partners +18) and then send a push notification to that group.  Or, once I (a general user) have the app on my phone, I can just open it and see calendars and signup/register for events....etc.

It kinda seems like the app, currently, being built w/ more "admin" stuff in mind whereas i think getting it in the hands of the congregation is super important as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks! :)

Hi Isaac,

Yes, we'll be releasing plenty of congregation features as well. We'll be focusing on the things we get the most requests for first (the things in my list). I'll add your vote for those other areas.

Thanks for sharing!

Ben

Any follow-up news on this? It seems like it's been quite a while since any forward facing work was done on the app. 

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the follow-up. 

This past 12 months has been a time for us to improve a lot of behind the scenes code here at Elvanto. Although it seems like we've been stagnant, we have had to take a couple of steps back to enable us to take ten steps forward. 

As far as the mobile app goes, we have been developing version 2 of our API which our updated mobile app will use. This means that functionality built into the web app can be quickly added to the API which means it can quickly be added to the mobile app. We are currently working to get the API up to scratch with our current mobile app feature set (along with some added volunteer functionality like swap and replace) and I hope this will be out in the next month or so.

This all has slowed down the progress of our mobile app significantly but I can assure you that the time we have taken to improve our behind the scenes code will mean we will have a "faster to develop" mobile app that keeps up with our web app. 

Let me know if you have any further questions

Ben

Thanks Ben. I look forward to the upcoming changes. Is there any chance access to the "Live" component of services would be made available from the mobile app? 

Absolutely. Our plan is to get as many useful features that people use day to day into the app first.

Login or Signup to post a comment