Forums

Ability to resume event registration

As I was testing out the event registration feature, I got into a state where my event registration was submitted, but my payment wasn't applied and I was unable to apply an online payment.

Here's what I did:

• Created an event. Note that my account is set to not accept partial payments.
  • Started registering for the event by selecting my ticket types and continuing
  • Started payment by confirming my order, entering my billing info, and selecting PayPal
  • From PayPal I abandoned my payment by closing the PayPal tab

From the administrators perspective, it shows that I've registered but haven't paid.
From my perspective, I didn't receive an invoice and don't have any way of paying my balance using an online method.

I think it'd be useful for registrants that haven't paid the full amount to be able to apply online payments to their registration:
  • For users (with active logins) this could be done adding an option to "Pay Invoice" on the event.
  • For users and non-users alike, they could receive an email with their invoice and a link they can follow to apply a payment to their registration.

I haven't verified this, but I believe a similar state could be achieved (and solved the same way) by enabling partial payments, applying a partial payment, but not being allowed to add subsequent payments.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the message.

This is something we want to look into in the future, especially with part-payments

Hope this helps,

Stewart

I'd add my vote to this. We're trying to set up to take online regos for an event and letting people complete payments after registering is a bit of a problem for us.

Login or Signup to post a comment